PBPA of IL represents over 10,000 active and retired public safety employees across our state, including many departments across the 15th District
Taylorville, IL — The Police Benevolent and Protective Association (PBPA) of Illinois is endorsing Rodney Davis for Congress in the 2022 Election. This follows the law enforcement endorsements Davis has already received from the Illinois FOP, AFGE Local 1304, and 19 current and former county sheriffs in the 15th District.
PBPA units in the 15th District represent law enforcement officers of the Collinsville, Decatur, Jacksonville, Jerseyville, Mahomet, Mattoon, Pana, Quincy, Springfield, Taylorville, and Vandalia police departments, the sheriffs departments of Adams, Champaign, Macon, and Madison counties, and many others across Illinois.
“It is an honor to be endorsed by the Police Benevolent and Protective Association of Illinois, which represents many law enforcement officers in police departments across the 15th District. Our police have a tough job. They put their lives on the line every single day to keep our communities safe. They deserve elected leaders who have their backs. Whether it’s working to give our police a well-deserved pay raise or standing up to the Democrats’ anti-police, pro-criminal policies, I proudly Back The Blue and support our police in Congress. I’d like to thank PBPA of Illinois for their support and trust in me.” – Rodney Davis, Republican candidate for Congress in IL-15
“On behalf of law enforcement officers throughout Illinois, the Police Benevolent and Protective Association of Illinois (PBPA) is proud to endorse Rodney Davis for Congress in the 15th District. Rodney has earned our support because he has made the safety and advocacy of law enforcement officers in the line of duty a priority. We encourage law enforcement officers, their families, and all voters in the 15th District to vote for Rodney Davis in the June 28th Republican Primary.” – Sean Smoot, Executive Director, Police Benevolent and Protective Association of Illinois
Rodney Davis is a strong supporter of the men and women of law enforcement. He doesn’t just talk about supporting our police. He works to promote their profession in Congress. You can read more about the law enforcement legislation Davis is working on here.
He introduced the David Dorn Back the Blue Act, which authorizes $15 billion through the Department of Justice to help state and local law enforcement agencies boost LEO personnel and raise LEO salaries to a minimum of 110 percent of local median salaries.
Davis is also a strong supporter of Qualified Immunity. It’s one of the top concerns he hears from law enforcement officers. That’s partly why he voted against the “George Floyd Justice in Policing Act” last year. Keeping Qualified Immunity protections in law is a red line for Davis in any legislation affecting public safety or the law enforcement profession.
Davis supports legislation to expand and enhance criminal penalties for individuals who target law enforcement officers and first responders, including making criminals who kill state or local LEOs eligible for the federal death penalty:
- The Thin Blue Line Act expands the list of statutory aggravating factors in federal death penalty determinations to also include killing or targeting a law enforcement officer, firefighter, or other first responder. The bill ensures that criminals face the strongest possible repercussions in federal cases when they kill or attempt to kill local law enforcement officers.
- The Protect and Serve Act creates enhanced federal penalties for anyone who targets law enforcement officers and purposefully harms them in the execution of a crime with a federal nexus – up to 10 years imprisonment for someone who attacks and injures an officer and a penalty of life in prison for someone who kills or kidnaps an officer.
- ICYMI: Illinois FOP, Sheriffs Discuss Their Endorsement of Rodney Davis in 2022 Election
- Federal Law Enforcement Union Endorses Rodney Davis for Congress in 2022 Election
- Central Illinois Sheriffs Endorse Rodney Davis for Congress in 2022 Election
- Illinois FOP State Lodge Endorses Rodney Davis for Congress in 2022 Election