Rep. Rodney Davis Announces NRA Endorsement
Taylorville, IL – U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis’ (R-Ill.) campaign today announced that he has been endorsed by the National Rifle Association for the 2016 primary election.
“On behalf of our five million members across the country, The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) is proud to endorse your candidacy for the U.S. House of Representatives in the March 15, 2016, Republican Primary in the 13th Congressional District of Illinois.
“Based on your consistent and proven voting record on Second Amendment issues in the U.S. House of Representatives, you have earned an “A” rating from NRA-PVF for this primary election. An “A” rating is reserved for a solidly pro-gun legislator who has supported NRA positions on key votes and issues,” the National Rifle Association of America Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) said in its endorsement of Davis.
The endorsement letter noted Davis’ support for gun rights by:
- Consistently standing strong against President Obama’s and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s gun control agenda
- Opposing President Obama’s anti-gun Executive Actions
- Cosponsoring H.R. 986, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015
- Voting for the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act
- Cosponsoring H.R. 766, the Financial Institution Customer Protection Act of 2016
Davis said, “I am proud to be the only candidate in this primary endorsed by the National Rifle Association. The Second Amendment establishes our right to keep and bear arms – a right that I will fight to protect and preserve for all law-abiding citizens. I look forward to continuing to work with the NRA on behalf of gun owners in the 13th District.”